Waterloo History

In 1955, Waterloo Metal Stampings was formed by Harold Bordman producing in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. The company produced a wide variety of stamped metal products including luggage hardware, crib hardware, casket hardware plus numerous other smaller items.
By 1959 the company started to produce its first ball bearing roller style drawer slide in its new 21,000 sq. ft. facility. In 1966 the company purchased 11 acres on Manitou Drive in Kitchener and built a 35,000 sq. ft. facility to house the assembly departments. By 1969 an additional 30,400 sq. ft. was built to accommodate the press stamping process. At his time the company started to manufacture a heavy duty lateral file cabinet slide called the DS3400.
In 1981-82 Waterloo Metal Stampings worked with Reff Furniture to develop the first generation keyboard support arm. In 1986 an additional 70,000 sq. feet was added to make WMS one of the largest manufacturers of Drawer Slides and Keyboard Support arms in North America.
Waterloo Metal Stampings changed its name to Waterloo Furniture Components in 1990. During the period of 1997-98 WFC became a public company and again changed the name to CompX Waterloo. During 1998 a new office facility was constructed with an additional 70,000 sq. ft. added to the back of the plant for distribution bringing the facility to its current size of 280,000 sq. ft.

 

 

 

CompX Waterloo: 501 Manitou Drive; Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2C 1L2; Phone: 519.748.5060; Fax: 519.748.4783