CompX National History
In 1903, three Swedish immigrants saw a need for mortise furniture locks. Together they invested $5,000 each and established National Lock Company in Rockford, Illinois.
In 1939, Keystone Steel and Wire acquired National Lock. The company and the product line grew to include pin and disc tumbler locks, kitchen cabinet and furniture hardware, fasteners, appliance hardware, metal stampings, chair hardware, and door locks.
In the 1960's, hardware operations became known as National Lock Hardware until Keystone itself was acquired in 1981. Our original product line, cabinet locks,
CompX National: 200 Old Mill Road; Mauldin, SC 29662; Phone: 864.297.6655; Fax: 864.297.9987